Tuesday 24 April 2012

Interrogation Scene - Lighting

For the Interrogation scene, we had to be very selective about the light. We wanted the faces of the Interrogators to remain unknown and shrouded in darkness, this way they would seem more Enigmatic and Intimidating. There is just a highlight of light around my face, in a similar shape to a crescent moon, as I am one of the interrogators, so I needed to look dehumanised.













The first appearance of Marlon Brando in 'Apocalypse Now' was part of the inspiration for this shot, as only part of his face is visible, leaving the character to look more mysterious.

I was one of the Interrogators, and after I got shot I made sure I fell out of the pool of light in which the interrogation took place and into the surrounding darkness, this was to make the death seem more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment